If you’ve purchased Microsoft 365 Family, you can share your subscription benefits with up to five other people.
How to invite someone to share your Microsoft 365 Family subscription benefit
- Sign in to your Microsoft account, Sharing page. Be sure to use the same Microsoft account that you used to set up your Microsoft 365 Family subscription.
- Select the Start sharing button.
- On the Share your subscription pop up, choose one:
Invite via email
Enter their email and select Invite.
The email you use to invite them should also be the email they use for their shared Microsoft 365 subscription.
Invite via link
Select the Copy button to send the link via email, text, or other message to the person you want to share with.
When they click the link and sign in with their Microsoft account, they’ll be added to your subscription. If you want to share with more than one person, create a separate link for each person.
4. If you chose to invite via email in step 3, select Invite if you want to add this person to your Microsoft family. You can always add them later too.
5. After they accept your invitation, they can sign in (using their own Microsoft accounts) to www.office.com to install Office on their devices and access their own 1 TB of OneDrive storage.
How to use Microsoft family to share your subscription with family members
The Microsoft family feature enables you to easily share calendars with family members, limit screen time, enable safer browsing, and share your Microsoft 365 Family subscription with other members of your household.
- To add someone to your Microsoft family, go to your Microsoft account, family page, scroll down, and select Add a family member. Repeat this for each family member. You can have up to twenty people in your family, although you can only share your Microsoft 365 subscription with five of them.
- If there are available licenses, then Office will be automatically shared with your family member after they’re added to your Microsoft family.
- After you add them to your Microsoft family, your family members can sign in (using their own Microsoft accounts) to www.office.com to install Office on their devices and access their own 1 TB of OneDrive storage.